Old November 19th 07, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default 1928-D $2.00 Red Seal US note - AU Condition, 1928-A $1.00 Ch. AU58 Silver Certificate

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:26:41 -0600, "Bob"

1928-D $2.00 Red Seal US note - AU Condition, beautiful! $1 open
NR!

I am still trying to figure out what sells (and doesn't sell) on
ebay. Still trying to decide whether to put my coins up, but
things like this are discouraging. This looks like a nice $2.00
note but is getting little bidding. I have seen a $2.00 note of
this same issue go for nearly $50.00. Go figure - - - -
Bob-tx

The fact that this listing has very little bidding has absolutely
nothing to do with the where the auction will end up. At the time I
clicked the link, there were 3.5 days to go on the listing.

Most bids are placed at the end of an auction. I've had many items go
for six days and eleven-plus hours without any bid at all, and then go
for a higher price than I anticipated. Sometimes I don't even check
my auctions for activity for the first six days.

From my point of view as a buyer, I have yet to win an auction that I didn't
snipe at the last moment. Enough people know of my pattern that, when they
see that I have placed an early proxy bid, they conclude (correctly) that I
will not be around at the end of the auction, and they then know that they
can whittle away at my lead at their leisure and with impunity.

James