Old November 25th 03, 11:47 AM
Bob Peterson

How is this a scam since the transaction actually occurred. I do wish the
feedback system was weighted by the value of the transactions, but I just do
not see this as a scam.

"Ami ." wrote in message
Another eBay scam that's currently going on involves people buying
positive feedbacks. The way it works is that a seller posts something
worthless for sale, for example listing a poem, song lyrics, or jokes
for sale for a $1 each in a Dutch auction. The seller accepts payment
through Paypal only.

The buyer sends the seller the dollar, then the seller posts positive
feedback for the buyer. I found out about this scam while reading
another newsgroup. Someone posted a link showing that an eBayer had
built up a record of positive feedbacks by using the "buy a poem" or
"buy a joke for a dollar" scam.