Old October 8th 04, 11:05 PM
George Manning

I can only echo what KCat says. I have five cores -- all smoooooth writers
OOTB. I'm using converters and Waterman ink. Never used cartridges.

George

"KCat" wrote in message
m...
Is it reasonable to expect anything different? Is their ink not that
good? This is the only pen I have that uses cartridges, so I don't know
if that will make any difference.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

well, the ink might make a difference. I'm not terribly familiar with
Rotring ink. IIRC it's a bit thin and watery which could mean less
lubrication of the nib.

if you can't exchange it (and since this is discontinued you might not be
able to) you can get some help in the smoothing and flow department from a
number of people. suggestions for improving flow were posted in the

thread
above "Wettest Pens" as well as "Poor Ink Flow in Cross Townsend
Anthracite."

My Core was very smooth OOTB and has good flow - neither too much or too
little. It's pretty much catch as catch can with pens.
--
For More Pen Talk, Images, Trading and Reviews: The Fountain Pen Network
http://pagesperso.laposte.net/fpnet