Old May 30th 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
1787[_2_]

Default World's largest coin

"
"Iagos Fool" wrote in message
news
It is just under 268 troy pounds -- over 3200 troy ounces.

I'm going to go check my couch on the off chance that one fell out of
someone's pocket...

IF

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
For practical purposes .454 kg equals 1 lb.

2.2 lbs is very close to 1kg. (works out to be .9988 kg)

So 100kg/0.454kg = 220.26 pounds. Is that correct?

"Arizona Coin Collector" wrote in message
m...
Hello

Not what you would call "pocket change".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2044410/World's-largest-coin.html

Only five examples of the pure gold "Canadian Maple Leaf",
weighing 100 kilograms and worth about a million pounds.

antoine gelat" wrote in message
...I associate the word
"coin" to usable change. Something this large should not be called a coin,
but what?

Tony

Bullion.

W.