Old May 9th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Buffalo Nickels

wrote in message
m...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

. com...

wrote in message
om...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

wrote in message
ws.com...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

[snipped to cut down on scrolling]

well, i think anyone that believes that's a fine is
ignorant. i can't imagine what the ag's look like.
bat barf, prolly.

They're not pretty, but they are 93 strawberries.

I suspect the slabber put that grade on there to guard against the
owner
trying to crack it out and get it into a competitor's holder,
knowing
full
well that they had exceeded everybody else's limit.

James
'hey, look what we just slabbed, nya, nya, nya'

ngc does not amuse me. a ploy to keep it out of a pcgs
slab and who cares about anacs?

I kind of like ANACS because nobody sends them coins a second time,
hoping
to get an upgrade.

James

ok, but who sends them coins the first time?
i hear they're good for cleaned and errors.
anything else?

1. They'll give you a free opinion at a show.

2. Their grading seems just as accurate as any other company, at least
for
the circulated (usually WELL-circulated) coins that I buy. I can't
speak
for their prowess at grading Uncs.

3. It seems that they get more "collector" coins than the other
outfits,
maybe because they charge less and put on fewer airs.

4. They will slab a coin that has problems (VF30 details, for example).
They used to identify the problem and net-grade the coin, but they don't
do
that anymore.

5. I really dislike the look of their new holders.

James

sounded good until you hit numbah 5.
well, numbah 4 kinda sucks, too.
but......the only slabbed coins i own i got on swaps. i'm an
anchronism, i buy unslabbed coins exclusively because if i
can't eyeball the summabitch, i don't need it. plastic lies.
2x2's are marginally acceptable.

Nothing wrong with that approach, e. I own a number of slabs, but have
this
perverse desire to crack 'em all out (but not to re-submit them,
understand). There's something about tumbling the coin in one's hand, and
being able to examine the edge as well, particularly important for the
bust
halves. I agree, plastic often lies, and sometimes it just embarrasses.

James

and when i want to buy laege cents, i want to feel the
surface to check for paint, shoe polish, thumbing and other
cute trick the slickee boys play. i love good, honest large
cents with normal wear and no dr.

Will you sometimes even settle for a decent AG3 large cent?

James