Old July 19th 03, 04:30 PM
Buz Overbeck

Default Evaluating Coin Collections

Hello,

I just found and joined this group hoping for some expert opinions on how
to evaluate and sell a coin collection.

My wife's parents just died and part of the estate is a coin collection her
father had been working on for many years. She tells me the collection
consists of "one of every coin minted in the US from 1900-2000".

Not yet having seen it, we don't know how (or if) any are new, the
condition of the coins or if there are any especially rare (like
double-striked) coins in the collection.

I would welcome any suggestions on the best way to have the collection
evaluated and sold and what to look out for to avoid being taken advantage
of.

I'm obviously not a collector and so would appreciate any help I can get
from the group.

Many thanks,

Buz Overbeck