Old September 24th 18, 03:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David E. Ross

Default Soon no new cancelled stamps?

On 9/22/2018 5:33 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
New Zealand Post has stopped canceling stamps on mail — at least
temporarily.

A New Zealand Post spokesperson told Linn’s Sept. 18: “New Zealand Post is
currently trialling some new processes to reduce costs, due to the
accelerating mail volume decline, this includes stopping the cancelling of
stamps by processing machines.”

As for concerns about the not-canceled stamps being reused, the spokesperson
said: “While stamps are not currently being machine postmarked, we do have
processes in place to detect the re-use of stamps and postage included
envelopes.

Source:
https://www.linns.com/news/world-sta...DigitalEdition

Victor Manta, PWO

I live in California in the Unite States. Tax and fee payments to both
the federal and state governments are considered paid on time if they
are mailed with cancellations not later than the due date.

I will have a property (real estate) tax payment to my county due on 10
December. As long as the envelope contains a postmark dated 10 December
or earlier, I incur no penalty for a late payment even if the US Postal
Service does not deliver the envelope two weeks later.

If there is no cancellation, how do I prove I mailed the payment on time?

--
David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com

Too often, Twitter is a source of verbal vomit. Examples include Donald
Trump, Roseanne Barr, and Elon Musk.