Old December 17th 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default GM's disaster CEO, Roger Smith, finally kicked bucket

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 13:10:40 -0500, "trippin-2-8-trak"
wrote:

good man- gotta have an alternate heating source these days !

burn a 40 lb. bucket of anthracite daily here, baseboard electric is shut
off at the t-stat

coal heats the place for only $3 a day snip

What an ENERGY HOG! I heat my whole HOUSE for less than that with
natural gas! Fireplace? You lose as much heat as you get from one of
those things...it's for effect ONLY. You see, Noodles, back in 1978,
California adopted the most stringent energy efficiency standards for
home construction in the nation, which forced builders to use double
pane windows throughout, R-48 attic insulation, insulated electric box
outlets, the works. Now, it's really paying off handsomely. Credit
Jerry Brown, our then-governor, now-attorney general (and future
governor again) for that move. The builders spent millions to defeat
that measure, and Brown steamrollered them. Now, the wisdom of that
move is all too apparent when you compare my heat energy usage to that
of the wasteful, stupid Charlie Nudo. Also, did you know that
Californians use less water per capita than people in ANY other state?
Same thing...LEGISLATION demanded it...and now, it's paying big
dividends.

Charlie Nudo..polluting the atmosphere while wasting energy with a
flimsily built vacation shack on a daily basis.