Old January 15th 04, 07:27 PM
Tracy Barber

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:05:47 GMT, "Ada Prill"
wrote:

For those of us who have news readers that bunch postings by thread, it is
extremely irritating to read message A, scroll through A to get to B six
seconds later, scroll through A and B to get to C six seconds after that,
etc. If I have not recently seen A and B, it is easy enough to refresh my
memory by scrolling down, but the usual situation is that I have JUST read
the postings that I must scroll through to get to the new information. When
the thread gets long, I really detest having to go through multiple screens
of previously read stuff to get to something at the bottom that says "I
agree with XXX," when I could have found this brief entry quite easily on
the top.

Are you getting digests or something? Each of the posts in the
newsgroup are distinct messages in Free Agent. I answer them as
though they were e-mail, in a linear fashion.

Answer one, close, move on to the next message.

Fortunately, I don't have to see all the same thread in the same
message. That's gotta be nuts!

Anyway, I like my simple method... :^) I don't have those issues of
having 3 messages of the same thread in 1 message and have to scroll
through them. Yikes!

Tracy Barber