Old February 22nd 04, 09:58 PM
MindElec

On 22 Feb 2004 17:52:22 GMT, (Jbrodie1750)
declared:

I would appreciate some pricing advice. I am about to put a five volume
autobiographical set on ABE. These books came out over a period of nine years.
Mine will be the only complete set of these particular books listed on ABE
that is made up entirely of firsts. The same books in similar condition sold
individually on ABE are going for, on average, $50 per book. Is a realistic
price for my set.5x$50? Or should I be able to ask more?

I suppose the question I'm getting at: is a set, in general, worth more (or
less!) than the sum of its parts?

I realize that my first question in particular could be more easily answered if
I identified the books under consideration...but I don't want there to be the
appearance that I'm using this ng to try to sell my set.

Thanks, as always, for your thoughts.

personally, i would price a set higher than individual volumes.

Robert

The sound of gunfire, off in the distance, I'm getting used to it now
Lived in a brownstone, lived in the ghetto, I've lived all over this town
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around