Old November 2nd 10, 12:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_2_]

Default Seeburg PFEA1U Just stopped playing...

On 10/31/2010 11:01 AM, Rob in NYC wrote:
On Oct 30, 1:56 pm,
wrote:
Hi all,

I bought a Seeburg PFEA1U a few months ago and after replacing a fried
transformer on the amp finally got it to the point where it would play.

I was listening to it yesterday for about an hour when I noticed that it
loaded a 45, and there was a loud metal/mechanical clunking noise. The
record loaded, it played for about a 30 or 45 seconds and then it just
stopped.

I hit the trip lever and it will move up but nothing happens. Using the
scan lever won't do anything either. The mechanism won't move, the
turntable doesn't turn, it won't reject records.

I checked all the fuses I know of but nothing obvious.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Thanks
-Tim

--
WTSHNN

In addition to what Tony Miklos pointed out, also check the relay in
that autospeed unit for pitted or malformed contacts.. Often when
things just start up again the cause is bad contacts that sit there
and arc at low levels until they burn away some carbon and resume
contact...for a while. you might also check the speed adjust pot on
the front of the unit, they often develop dead spots.

Rob

Good call Rob and Jeremy, I often forget some things when they aren't in
front of me.

Tony Miklos
Eastern Tennessee