Old April 21st 10, 01:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
David[_7_]

Default It's been a long, long time...

On Apr 8, 8:12*am, EricBabula wrote:
Hello again, everyone! Yes, I've been on an extended leave of absence
from RCC - sorry about that, if you care. If you're happy about that,
sorry I'm back! Well, not really sorry.

*I just started reading RCC on and off, again, and remembered all the
fun discussions we used to have. And I kinda miss it!! Looks like
there might be a couple regulars from years past, still hanging
around! But, it looks like RCC is very quiet - is that true?

I'm reading on groups.google.com, and am not seeing very much traffic
here. I lost my News Feed (Road Runner/Time Warner Cable in WI doesn't
support Newsgroups anymore). I get just a few new posts a week on
Google Groups - that can't be, can it? Anyway - I think I'd like to
find a new News Feed service (FREE if possible), and a Newsreader (I
used to use XNews and liked it - will have to see if that still
works). Is Tera News (Free) still the way others have gone, in order
to get all the RCC posts, including
alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic??? Any other suggestions?

Anyway - so I really haven't done much of anything with coins since I
"left" reading and contributing to RCC. I have big plans to image all
my coins some day, but never seem to get to that. The "Honey-Do" list
never seems to get smaller, no matter how many things I cross off!!
And, the kids are keeping us so busy - the only free time we really
have is Friday nights. Really, the only coin-related thing I've done
is: I've just recently started reading "Crime of 1873 - The Comstock
Connection" - about the Comstock silver mines, and the history leading
up to the creation of the Trade and Morgan Dollars. If anyone recalls,
I tend to be interested in Morgan Dollars above most coins, for
whatever reason. Maybe it's my love of the Wild, Wild West as a youth.
Maybe it's the design of Lady Liberty (not particularly attractive,
but nicely designed) and the Eagle. Maybe it's because I love big,
heavy, shiny silver! I don't know. I do love other coins, too. I have
only collected U.S. coins, though, I do have some coins from other
areas of the world - mostly as gifts from others.

Anywhoo, I'm hoping to be back to RCC, at least on a part-time basis.
If anyone has suggestions on a good, reliable News Feed that'll get me
all the RCC and ABPM posts, I'd much appreciate it! I feel like I'm
missing a ton, here on Google Groups.

Have a Great Day!!!

Eric Babula

Welcome Back Eric!

I too have been on a bit of a leave of absence from RCC.

Davey