Old April 20th 10, 01:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default It's been a long, long time...

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

The beauty of the old crystal radio is that it needed no external
power...

Y'know, you're right there. I had forgotten after all these years so I
did a little Googling, too, and noted that all you needed for power was a
proper length of antenna wire-- no battery. Like magic! Like picking
up Casey Kasem on your braces.

You got that? All I could get was a clear channel country music/religious
station in the Midwest. Every time the orthodontist did an adjustment, it
came in louder and clearer. Bummer.

What brand of toothpaste were you using? That made a difference. Don't
you remember Bucky Beaver? He was able to bring in Europe on his uppers.