Old July 20th 03, 04:19 PM

I doubt that any offer from any dealer (if you get any) would likely
be less than satisfactory to you. A rule of thumb is the dealer will offer
for the value of the best stamps of the lot. The rest are just so much no
value. Dealers will offer you far less than catalog value too for the good
stuff.
The bottom line is, as always, don't plan on a world cruise.
You would probably get better prices selling in an online auction, but
even there you have no guarantee that it will sell. You'll have to see what
others are selling and the price ranges.
Good luck!
Dave
"-" wrote in message
Hi
I have a large amount of very good condition old Russian stamps (some
unused and dating from the start of the 1900's), some in blocks, some
collectable editions etc etc. I am looking at selling them, depending
on their value. Is there any place (aside from ebay) that is
recommended to sell such items? I am in the UK but any online or real
stores (in the London area) would be a good start as I don't really
have any guidance on how to proceed. Any help is better than nothing!

Thanks guys.