Old February 7th 09, 04:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs,alt.sports.football.pro.dallas-cowboys,rec.collecting.sport.football,dfw.general,fl.general
M.Balarama

Default Hayes' signature figures in controversy

signatures look similar to me.
the one on the picture might have been more rushed
Michael
"Fred Goodwin" wrote in message
Conning the Cowboys?

http://dal.scout.com/2/835595.html

By Mike Fisher
TheRanchReport.com
Posted Feb 2, 2009

It was a way to be tangibly touched by the late Bob Hayes, and to
tangibly touch him. Lucille Hester held the letter she said was from
her brother. She showed it about to NFL officials and to the media,
and at Saturday’s Pro Football Hall of Fame announcement of the former
Cowboys legend’s coming induction, she dramatically read from it.

On the day before Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa, Hester took the stage in
her Cowboys-silver ballcap emblazoned on the front with “BOB HAYES’’
and seemed to give emotional voice to the appreciative wishes of the
legendary Cowboys receiver, who she said had written the letter and
given it to her in 1999 in hopeful anticipation of this day finally
arriving.

Is there anything wrong if Lucille Hester caps off her championing of
the good fight for her brother Bob Hayes with a bit of self-
aggrandizing theatrics?

Well, yes. Maybe. Especially inasmuch as to my layman eye, the
signature on Lucille’s cherished letter in no way resembles the
authentic signature of the real Bob Hayes (see below).

I am not a detective and I am not a handwriting analyst. But. ... the
signatures do not match. Not even close.

Authentic Bob Hayes Signatu
http://media.scout.com/media/image/63/637989.jpg

Signature on the letter from this weekend:
http://media.scout.com/media/image/63/637990.jpg

[excerpted]