Old September 11th 06, 04:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default NASCAR Question ?

are they "pit" passes or "garage" passes?
there's quite a difference...and it also depends on the track. cause in
phoenix, the guys who drive in the trucks and the busch series are WIDE
open and with your average pit pass or a mobil home infield pass, you
access is AMAZING...but if you're in l.a. pit pass only really gets you
access when the drivers all walk out to the track a little bit after
their cars have gone to the track and it's the same for every level of
racing.
a garage pass is a different beast...you are in the garages for all
the drivers, every single driver is going to walk by you all day long
and your access is AWESOME...it's can't be beat...but even that has
problems...
you aren't supposed to be allowed to ask for autographs at all (many
people do and and so few people actually have the garage passes that it
doesn't even matter). i had garage passes before and tony stewart
ratted me out and i had to go put my photos and helmets back to my car
(a long walk) before i was allowed back in...
there's another problem...there's a thing called the "hot pass" which
is extremely limited, you are only allowed in the garages for a certain
amount of time during the day,. with the hot pass, you can be there all
day...that one gets tricky too, you can go wherever you want with a hot
pass...
one more thing, you have to wear pants in the garages, no short pants
or open toed shoes.
thought i could help.
mike