Old December 31st 04, 02:37 PM
John Wade

Patrick W. Schubert Sr. wrote:

Love the ears, does he get cable ????

Damn nice condition 1961 !!!!!!

Thanks Patrick, this one is pretty nice, but if you
have been following these articles, you will see
that the condition of my set is really all over the
map.

When I started putting this set together, there
was no eBay, and just compiling a complete
set, in any condition, seemed like a daunting
task. Usually, if I saw a card I needed for the
set, unless it was just totally trashed, I would
grab it.

Then, and even now, I was not doing this as
an investment, so sharp corners and perfect
centering were not too important to me.

I must say, though, if I were starting out today,
with most cards in the set being offered on a
daily basis on eBay, I would be a little more
condition conscious.

But, having said that, I hope that in reading
my articles about this set, my love of the game,
and the players, both the famous and the
virtually unknown, comes through as the
main motivating factor in collecting these
wonderful cards, and not the sharp corners,
and the PSA numbers.

If only they still smelled of bubble gum!!
John Wade