Old May 28th 09, 08:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
KR

Default seeburg disco plays backward ?

On May 28, 4:35*am, flipper wrote:
I know I've had this problem before but can't remember what fixed it.
I've got a 78 seeburg disco that plays the records backwards .....not
every time but most of the time. *I try to listen for "Paul is dead"
"Paul is dead" *but nope sorry. *Can anybody refresh my memory on what
causes that?
Thanks in advance * * * * *PH

Don't know what system they use in seeburg, but
usually what you describe is caused by motor start capacitor going
bad,

or (with some types of motor) the wiring is incorrect.
Unless this happened after you did a rewire, replaced a motor or
associated part,
the cap seems a safe bet.

As for "hidden messages" in songs played backwards, the only example I
have found
(quite by accident) is the record "how to dance" by "bingoboys"
play the very beginning backwards. Where he says "here comes the
music" -
in reverse sounds quite clearly as "just like a migrane"
(this is not a joke).

if you have a media player or sound editing program that can go
backwards, and could be
bothered going to the trouble of trying, i'm sure an MP3 version would
do the same.