Old February 1st 08, 11:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

Default Survey: The Good, The Bad about eBay - Worthwhile Coin Websites & Alternative Ideas?

In , on 02/01/2008
at 12:48 AM, Ken Barr said:

Yahoo!Auctions was halfway sorta decent for a while, but then
they went "free" and got deluged with grossly overprice crap
basically "parked" on their site ... and with continuous "free"

Ah ha. Now THIS is good stuff. I'll have to revise my idea that "free is
ideal". I should have realized this issue with "free" myself, but thanks
for the thoughts. I remember than my EX would always want to take the kids
to functions that were advertised as "free". And 15 billion other kids
w/parents would end up being there. I finally demanded that we go on days
you have to pay, as I'd rather not have to pay by fighting the crowds.

I can see that unlimitted free listings would be Bad. Excellent. I'll
think a bit more. I'll look over your other comments as the evening
progresses, too. Thanks for the reply.

Nick