Old December 23rd 05, 11:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default German stamp identification?

"Treacan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I can identify the stamps on the left but I don't know the significance
of the attatchments?
The overprint on the right does not seem to be in the scott catalog?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ny/GR2prop.jpg

Hi Treacan,

some information more for You:

the two stamps on the left are Scott 230 A 35, Top margin, Rotary Print
(2-9-2), first and second stamp of the complete sheet of one hundred. Michel
# is 269. In mnh the catalogue value is 3.00 € each.

the right stamp is the Germania issue, stamped in Bischofswerda in the year
1909. As Peter Fuchs wrote either the 1902 issue without watermark, Michel
Nr. 74 or the 1905 issue with watermark lozenge, Michel Nr. 89 I. There is
no overprint on the stamp. Stamp colour is redorange/brownishblack on
lightyellow. catalogue value used 0,80 € or 2,80 €.

have fine x-mas days and best regards

Gerhard