Old October 5th 03, 04:44 PM
AnswerMan2

The fact the C. Cipoletti and the ANA Board don't recognize this and
try to do something about it is the biggest reason to be pessimistic
about the future of the ANA.

If this really were a fact you would have ample grounds for pessimism. However,
it is not a fact because the board has been doing battle with this problem
almost since the ANA was first organized. The current board would welcome
ideas from the members that could improve member retention, but before you
offer suggestions consider that they probably already have been tried and have
failed. It would be great if we could wave a magic wand and get those 175,000
ex-members back - less the large number that have died in the meantime - but I
don't know of any numismatic group - large or small - that isn't having similar
membership problems.

Lastly, let's modify my statement to meet your complaint by saying that the ANA
is the largest organized numismatic group in the world. That is a fact.
Alan Herbert
ANA Governor