Old March 11th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

this is how bad the USPS has become, for the few of you who still
manage to sell books:

http://gowanuslounge.blogspot.com/20...barn-uses.html

Add to your list the Red Hook post office, serving 11231. Truly
abysmal. In five years, they have never succeeded in delivering a
package successfully to our door. They never ring the bell; I would
know since I work at home. We never get a first notice, or second
notice slip-only the FINAL notice. They ignore messages I leave for
them on the door. ("Please ring! I am home!") And when you make the
long trek to the post office, they are slothful and inattentive and
always have trouble finding a package. It took them a month to find a
Christmas package my sister sent last December. It's gotten so I have
to keep on the lookout for their arrival every day and run them down
like a dog if I am expecting a package.