Old April 24th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default Separation of scanned images of several stamps

On 4/23/2012 8:25 PM, Victor Manta wrote:
An interesting article written by the well known participant in this ng,
Bill Sharpe, just appeared in the last Linn's Stamps News.

Bill describes his positive experience with the free program named
"Stamp Image Bursting Application", that can be downloaded from he
http://www.drakeserver.com/

The straightening of slanted images can be then done with different
image editing programs, for example (says Bill) with the free MS Windows
Live Photo Gallery.

I have downloaded the program but I haven't tried it yet with a scan. So
far I found it strange that I couldn't move the program's window, that
positioned itself in the top left corner of the screen.

BTW, the same can be done maybe easier but surely not cheaper... with
Photoshop, as described on my old page:

http://www.artonstamps.org/Magazine/...can-stamps.htm

That was a quick post, Victor. The online edition of Linn's was just
published Monday. Thank you for the kind words.

Photoshop does the job in one step rather than two, but as you points
out it is expensive. I have also tried separating images with Photoshop
Elements, a cheaper stripped-down version of Photoshop, but was not
satisfied with the results.

Your link to the alternate method at PCSG on the how-scan-stamps page is
dead, as PCSG went out of business a few years ago. I tried to find the
page on the WayBack Machine but there were 26,000 references to
individual pages found...

Bill