Old October 2nd 04, 12:35 AM
Bluesea

"Nancy Handy" wrote in message
Bluesea wrote:

I dunno 'bout the rest of what you posted but, college rule cramps my

style
and I've only bought it when desperate which is like, never, after my

first
package.

I don't like the school brand papers sold, but when I was in school I
preferred the college ruled paper because I could squeeze more notes
onto each page.

Theses days I prefer Komtrack, Circa, and Clairfontaine notebook papers.
Komtrack is a luxury paper, it's the thickest.
I like the Circa system and the big empty margin space and I adore my
leather Circa notebooks, which I got at a bargain basement price of $22
during the recent sale.
Clairfontaine is slick and like a slightly cheaper thinner version
Komtrack, but I like their French-ruled paper that you can write on
lengthwise or widthwise even though it is not actually a grid. I think
the Clairfontaine has a pinkish cast to the paper, at least the
French-ruled seems to.

Of those, Circa seems to be college-ruled one and the others fall in
between the big baby ruled and college ruled.

Today I am writing two snail mails on my Amalfi Amalfitana paper and I
hope those people realize how privileged they are to receive it! LOL
For such decadently expensive paper, it's not as welcoming to fountain
pens as one would think. On that, I used a felt tip MB Scenium pen and
it was just right. I enjoyed using that thin pen. I write better with
thin pens than those thick pens (fountain pens or others) that you guys
all seem to like.

It seems to me that women prefer thinner instruments because their hands are
smaller.

As for correspondence paper, I'm stuck on Crane. But, that's way too
expensive for drafts and the binder paper that I get for $1.93 for 200
sheets or free w/ purchase is the most I'm willing to pay for paper that I
use and discard although I do keep a yellow mini-legal pad with a few index
cards in a mini-portfolio, rarely a steno pad, in the car for on-the-fly
observances.

--
~~Bluesea~~