Old October 1st 04, 09:15 PM
Nancy Handy

Bluesea wrote:

I dunno 'bout the rest of what you posted but, college rule cramps my style
and I've only bought it when desperate which is like, never, after my first
package.

I don't like the school brand papers sold, but when I was in school I
preferred the college ruled paper because I could squeeze more notes
onto each page.

Theses days I prefer Komtrack, Circa, and Clairfontaine notebook papers.
Komtrack is a luxury paper, it's the thickest.
I like the Circa system and the big empty margin space and I adore my
leather Circa notebooks, which I got at a bargain basement price of $22
during the recent sale.
Clairfontaine is slick and like a slightly cheaper thinner version
Komtrack, but I like their French-ruled paper that you can write on
lengthwise or widthwise even though it is not actually a grid. I think
the Clairfontaine has a pinkish cast to the paper, at least the
French-ruled seems to.

Of those, Circa seems to be college-ruled one and the others fall in
between the big baby ruled and college ruled.

Today I am writing two snail mails on my Amalfi Amalfitana paper and I
hope those people realize how privileged they are to receive it! LOL
For such decadently expensive paper, it's not as welcoming to fountain
pens as one would think. On that, I used a felt tip MB Scenium pen and
it was just right. I enjoyed using that thin pen. I write better with
thin pens than those thick pens (fountain pens or others) that you guys
all seem to like.

Nancy