Old October 1st 04, 07:34 PM
Bluesea

"JimL" wrote in message
om...
Just an idle muse question.

The packages of paper cut and punched for three-ring notebook binders
for school children (and old children like me, gathering cheap scratch
paper in the back to school sales). -- The pages are lined, and one
of the two sizes of lines is labelled as "college ruled." Why is
that? Is ther an assumption that, by the time one hiots college, that
our handwriting will become smaller?

I have a shelf of ring binders, with my class notes, one binder per
semester. I don't know why I even took notes, because I ddon't gho
back to them. And I don't know why I still save them all 30 years
later! But it is interesting to go bacck to them occasionally an
notice how my handwriting mutated or evolved over the years. (as well
as my note taking styles). Sometimes larger, sometimes smaller. But
I can't really say that my handwriting got progressively smaller the
farther along I progressed in classes.

Do the manufacturers just assume that college students write smaller
than younger ones? Or that we need more lines per page?

Oh well, nothing significant. Talk amongst yourselves.

I dunno 'bout the rest of what you posted but, college rule cramps my style
and I've only bought it when desperate which is like, never, after my first
package.

--
~~Bluesea~~