Old March 4th 10, 04:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Max Pinball

Default Tech: Rowe CD100 Not Allowed NI error

thanks, it definitely was not spinning...

I did disconnect the cd player unit just before to fix a broken sector
gear, maybe I did not plug it back together correctly.

it's not all that complicated though, so hard to believe I messed it
up, but could be.

any thoughts on what to look for if it still doesn't spin after I
check all the connections???

thx, so close I can hear the tunes... LOL. Max

On Mar 3, 7:39*pm, kreed wrote:
On Mar 4, 8:03*am, Max Pinball wrote:

I am reading some previous posts --- does the CD need to spin when it
is initialising? I do not recall the disc spinning when it was
initializing last night... perhaps there is an issue there. thanks for
any help.

it should spin, if it doesnt, there is something wrong with the
player.

try and turn the spindle of the player with your fingers. these can
slide down the shaft and bottom out, they then wont turn, or will be
"rough".
The CD will also scrape on the plastic shroud around the spindle.

try it in another slot, and see if it works.

to unlock the other slots, just re-initialse them once you have the
fault fixed, and use a good disc.