Old July 24th 12, 01:43 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreed View Post
On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 11:58:42 AM UTC+10, (unknown) wrote:
On Sunday, July 1, 2012 9:05:20 AM UTC-5, RyanManess wrote:
> Hello all this is my first post here. I have an AMI 200 model r-88 juke
> box. I cannot get it to take manual selections. I can set it to play
> continuously random records no problem.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated!
> Ryan Maness
>

> --
> RyanManess

Take a look here..
http://www.cdadapter.com/r84chip.htm
It fixed a box for me.You cannot get the chips anymore,so this is the next solution.

What you are saying is true, but note that R-88s have been known to have 2 very different types of CCC board fitted in them. Your post applies if it has the CCC like in the R84 - R87 fitted, but many R88's have a version of the R89-94 CCC installed.

Note that this CCC while it looks the same as the R-89 type, it is electrically different, but all the IC's are readily available standard types, and the chip you link to is not used in these ones.
Hello Ryan,

What is the CCC number on your R-88?
Is it 6-08870-04? or 4-07773-05? It should be the 608870-04 this board uses one of two custom chips -03 or -04 the alternative chip can be purchased from the USA from CD Adaptor or I still have some of the original chips in stock.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man