Old December 15th 11, 08:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Default USB MIcroscope - Images of fake overprints

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote:

About one year ago (in November 2010) we discussed here the features
of the USB Microscope sold by Aldi. I remenber that somebody showed
pictures of an overprint clearly printed *over* the cancellation of
the stamp, thus clearly demonstrating that the overprint was a fake
one.

During that discussion, Toke showe us this false overprint
http://www.norbyhus.dk/artiklermm/di...r/hopflug.html
but I remember an even clearer demonstration.
May be it was in another thread ?

Would you recall something on this subject ?

Toke Nørby answers :

Could it be this posting from Tony Clayton on 3. Nov. 2010 in this
group?:
http://www.italianstamps.co.uk/trieste/istr/index.html
Mvh
Toke

Hi Toke,

Un fortunately, it is not this one. If I remember correctly, it was a
very clear image where the cancel was quite faint and the overprint very
black. Even if it was a 2D image (thanks to Sir F.A. Rien and Terry
Reedy for their inputs on 3D images) it was very clear that the
overprint was above the cancel.

--
King regards,
Pierre Courtiade