Old May 20th 10, 04:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob

Default My latest PCGS adventure

On May 19, 6:46*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Last year about this time I submitted an 1864 three cent silver to PCGS for
grading as a circulation strike. *It came back slabbed PR61. *I am 100%
convinced it is a circulation strike made from dies which had previously
made proof coins.

I wanted it graded as a circulation strike, so I cracked it out (so as not
to lead the witness) and submitted it as a circulation strike once again. *I
just learned that it has indeed been slabbed as a circulation strike -
GENUINE with altered surfaces. *Sheesh. *But at least this time I got the
main thing I wanted, so life's not all bad.

James the Slobbering Slabber

On your third try it will come back bodybagged.