Old May 19th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

Default Congress mandates use of "In God We Trust"

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message
"In God We Trust" is on coinage because of political pandering and
inertia. It's a violation of the First Amendment, a violation of the
doctrine of the separation of church and state, an unconstitutional
commingling of national and religious affairs. It's a motto you'd
expect to see on the coinage of an Islamic theocracy, not a Western
democracy.

When you think of it from the perspective of a religious individual such as
Theodore Roosevelt it also panders of an indignity to the believed in diety
when you put his name on a piece of "evil" money.

I would say for it to continue, then we must then put Yahweh, and Allah and
Krishna, and Buddha, and Voodoo on the $ too. Or maybe it would be easier
to just remove any reference to religion and Masonism - ala the $1 bill
reverse.