Old December 9th 05, 08:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default RUSSIA: Fake 1899 10 rouble coin

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 15:32:11 -0500, RW Julian
wrote:

I have not seen this one before. The lettering on the edge looks bad
and, as you note, the mintmaster AP (Alexander Redko) did not begin
his tenure until the latter part of 1901.

Thanks for bringing it to the attention of collectors in this area.

RWJ

Thanks for looking, Bob.

I wonder when this was made? Apparently it has seen some circulation,
although not very much. Somewhere (maybe it was on Bob Reis' site?
http://www.anythinganywhere.com) -- I had seen something referring to
a counterfeit 10 rouble coin before, and I believe that it was 1899,
but no details were given. Maybe it was on the list that the ANA puts
out at irregular intervals. But I couldn't find it on his site
anymore.

Are there any good sources which describe known counterfeit Russian
coins in detail? (not just gold, but also silver, copper and
platinum).

--
Bob Hairgrove