Old August 23rd 05, 12:18 AM
LM5403

Don't forget, you can send it to NCS and get a details grade -- they don't
net grade.

"LRC-Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought a Morgan collection which includes three key dates: 1893-S,
1894-P, and 1895-O. All are decent coins based on details (wear), but
each has problems such as scratches or cleaning. I intend to submit
them to ANACS for authentication, but I haven't decided whether to have
them give a net grade, or just authenticate only.

I'd like people's opinions: would you be inclined to buy a coin which
was certified as authentic only, as long as the picture was clear
enough that you could see the defects and judge for yourself? Or would
you be more inclined to buy a coin that ANACS had net-graded (i.e. VF
details, net Fine, scratched)?

How do you feel, and how do you feel the market as a whole views this
issue?

thanks,

..Tom