Old May 15th 10, 11:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sealladh58

Default Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

On May 12, 4:45*pm, "note.boy" wrote:
If I were you I would buy a digital camera with a macro, close focus,
ability. *Billy

Thanks for your suggestion. I already have a decent digital camera
with macro capability but have not yet found a quick workable setup to
take good pictures. Lighting is always a problem, even when using
daylight.

Using a scanner is very quick to set up and import the picture
straight into the photo editing software. I have timed myself and
from deciding to take a picture of a coin to having the finished,
edited picture on screen and saved takes less than three minutes.

Peter