Old February 11th 09, 09:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

Default Darwin, Britain's Hero, Is Still Controversial In U.S.

"mazorj" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Jud" wrote in message

Mike Marotta wrote:

Depending on where you live, you can probably take an accredited
statistics class at a community college for $350-$500. It will take
13-15 weeks of commitment, but you will know way more than everyone
else about how polling is done and the mental exercise will help stave
off senility.

There are liars, damned liars and statisticians. I took 'stat' in
college, and if there was one thing that I brought home from that
class was when the professor stated "Anytime someone quotes statistics
to you, they are lying. There are so many ways to make the statistics
work in any foregone conclusion."

Also, I am with the majority of the 93.4832% of the population who
don't believe in polls. (No jokes about Poland please!)

If your head is frozen inside a block of ice and your feet are on fire
then statiscally, on average, you are perfectly fine. Billy

You must be an engineer of some type. :-D

We'd kid ours with the a variant of that: "An engineer is someone who
thinks that if your left foot is in a bucket of boiling water and your
right foot is in a bucket of ice water, on average you're comfortable."
The funny thing was that 81.717% of them agreed!

Statistics was a subject I covered at school.

I love the TV adverts where 87% of women agree that super duper face cream
with extract of skunk improves the condition of their skin and the sample
size is something like 113 women questioned, such a small sample is
meaningless, I get the impression that they question 1,000 women and the
pick the sequence of replies that suit them best, e.g. replies 455 to 568.
Billy