Old March 28th 20, 02:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
frschoonover

Default We Need To Get This Group Back On Track

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 5:04:09 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
that's more like it i know all about noodles trust me and and bob used to go
at it with flame wars thats what killed this group mostly.
you can post anything you like maby this group will re awaken but so far its
just us

Yeah Andy, I know, but still, I hope that DesertBob will let us know how he's doing. I miss sharing knowledge about certain things with him and anyone else who posted in here. Lately, I have been pretty busy with my job and my life in general. But when I can have some well earned down time, I relax and enjoy the rest. I still jam to some of my favorite 8-Track's when I can and right now, I am listening to CCR's Green River, which is a dark colored shelled Ampex tape, and it still sounds good.

I also create pages for Discogs during my spare time. Here are a few more I made, which is my entire England Dan & John Ford Coley 8-Track collection and they are all RCA Music Service editions that I bought a long time ago when I was still a kid at a local Salvation Army thrift store that later closed and became a community kitchen:

https://www.discogs.com/England-Dan-...lease/14978033

https://www.discogs.com/England-Dan-...lease/14978093

https://www.discogs.com/England-Dan-...lease/14978179

https://www.discogs.com/England-Dan-...lease/14978300

The "England Dan" in the duo was Dan Seals, the younger brother of Jim Seals of Seals and Crofts. In the 1980's, he switched to country music and became a star as a solo artist throughout the decade and also continued to tour.. He's been dead since March 25, 2009. He left quite a legacy in both the pop and country music fields with his hits with John Ford Coley and solo years. Though the duo's original label was A&M, they hit fame when Big Tree signed them and they had a string of Top 40 hits that began with "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight" and ended with their cover of the Todd Rundgren penned Utopia song "Love is the Answer."

I will be creating more pages for Discogs in the future for 8-Track's of albums that don't have the 8-Track of the album listed in their master release page of the particular album.

Ta Ta For Now.