Old June 25th 08, 04:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Default Mike Wier

exactly...it's been my experience that adults use their kids to get
their autographs...it's not cool.
i realize they may not care, but they shouldn't have to...and they
shouldn't be forced to get things for their parents like that...if you
can't ask, then DON'T...
maybe it's my cynicism because i watch several autograph dealers use
their kids to get extra autographs so they can sell them...
there's even a guy out here in l.a. that i YELL at for using his
kids...he kept interrupting me while i was having a conversation and
he wanted to talk...i finally told him that we are talking, give us a
minute.. and he yelled at me saying he wasn't talking to me...we
argued for a few minutes till i finally said "i don't need my kids to
earn my living for me!' that was the end of that...my buddies got a
huge laugh and were calling other collectors for calling him out...but
he yells at his kids for not getting things all the time and someone
finally needed to say something. we do call teh guy "la familia"
because he drags all his kids around to get things signed so he can
sell them...
so maybe i'm just a cynic because i see stuff like this all the time.
i just think kids should be kids, if they WANT to get autographs, they
should be able to...it should NEVER go to the parents for whatever
reason, to me anyway.
mike