Old October 26th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Jealous resident of Shittsburg slum

Default Dump Shenanigans

William W Western wrote:
Trying to get our shop tidied up after a busy summer one of my labourers
took a load of junk (mostly scrap glass) to the dump yesterday. He was all
pleased with himself on his return. Apparently some fellow dumper had grown
weary of the hapless 8 track format. My fellow scooped up the proceeds and
brought them back for me. Whatta guy! Anyway, here is what he unearthed. Two
players. One a Baycrest player/recorder and the other a Lloyd's player. The
Lloyds is only coming through on the left side. But does sound good from the
working channel. The Baycrest (probably a re-badged Lloyds) does nothing
motorwise and is probably in need of a belt or the motor has frozen up. I do
not much care. Two boxes of tapes came with the deal. Mostly easy listening
and big band with the odd inclusion of AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.
Also an in the style of The Village People and The Beatles 1967-1970 Part 1.
One nice item though. A Realistic sound effects tape. Best effect? A dial
tone and rotary dialing sound.

(lol)- hey great score !

and for the good price- free !

can't complain about that, can you....

those players are very easy to fix, if you can find a competent tech
who is an older person, who fixed them "in the day"-

I just stumbled upon a great tech, who is fixing every one of my decks
that need work, but are beyond my expertise.

right off the reel, he found one deck with a bad tape head- that was
playing out of only one channel

then he found a bad transistor in a car deck, and a bad IC in another
house deck- all fixed now, and for cheap ! typical repair only costs
$25 per unit !

now THAT'S 8-track heaven !