Old February 3rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Owen W. Linzmayer

Default The Last Redesign of the U.S. $5 bill?

If things keep going in our country as they have been, I fear you are
correct. Except of course our pandering politicians refuse to do the right
thing and continue to mint coins at a cost greater than their face values,
and won't stop printing 1-dollar notes even though replacing them with coins
would save the country millions each year.

On 2/3/08 11:30 AM, in article , "scottishmoney"
wrote:

"Owen W. Linzmayer" wrote in message
It's hard to believe anyone would be foolish enough to state as a fact
that
they'd never redesign a particular denomination. Current best practices in
the security printing field suggest redesigning notes every seven years to
stay ahead of counterfeiters. Maybe the Treasure official knows for a fact
that Bush's policies will have rendered the US$5 worthless by that time.

That sounds more likely, the $5 will be a minor coin, ala the nickel.