Old April 2nd 10, 01:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
reality

Default PCGS Secure Plus

On Mar 30, 2:57*pm, "Michael Benveniste" wrote:
Did anyone notice the teaser blurb for PCGS's "new" SecurePlus service?http://www.pcgs.com/secureplus.html

Quoting:
Imagine a world without coin doctoring. Imagine a world without
"gradeflation."

It seems to me the whole idea behind "plus" grading is to get people
to resubmit their coins so they can get that precious "plus." *So
a PCGS MS-64 coin may magically change grade and become a PCGS
MS-64+ coin. *But of course, PCGS won't regrade an MS-65 as an
MS-64+, because then they'd have to pay out the difference.

Isn't that the very definition of "gradeflation?"

Then there's the CAC sticker to consider. *So now we're going to
have MS-64, MS-64 CAC, MS-64+, and MS-64+ CAC, plus another
style of holder for sellers and buyers to disagree over.

Grumble, grumble, buy the coin, grumble grumble...

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. *It is held in reverence. *It settles

It's just an attempt by PCGS to steal CAC's thunder and generate more $
$$ to them instead of CAC. If PCGS merely did the jobs that they were
paid to do in the first place, then this nonsense would not be an
issue.