Old February 11th 13, 12:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Default 1oz Silver Eagle - 1996 - Key Date ?

"ps56k" wrote in message ...

is there anything about the text desc highlighting -
"The key date! " -

http://www.apmex.com/Product/1066/19...cul ated.aspx

Is there "anything about the text"? Well, we already told you it was the BU
Eagle date with the lowest mintage in that bullion series, but not that much
lower to make it worth a lot more than the rest of the dates. If there's a
"key date" in the run of BU Eagles, I guess that would be it.

You might check around to see if 90 bucks each is the current going price.
I believe you'll find that it's not. At least one major dealer is offering
the date at about $65.

But, like Ken said, if quality is important to you, you might look for an
example graded MS69 or higher, professionally-graded and slabbed (assuming
you want just one), and that should buy you one with a better strike. One
of those probably will command more of a premium.