Old February 9th 13, 12:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Default 1oz Silver Eagle - 1996 - Key Date ?

"ps56k" wrote in message ...

I've been buying some 1oz American Silver Eagles for my son,
going back to his birthdate in 1990 -

It appears that the 1996 Silver Eagle has some special significance ??
as the APMEX website lists the description as - "Key Date"
-------

A little bit lower mintage for the 1996. The relative price difference
used to be greater, but as the value of silver has risen over the past few
years, the other dates have increased in value faster than the premium on
the 1996. If silver ever reaches $40 again, the premium for the 1996 may
have disappeared and bullion value will rule.