Old December 14th 05, 03:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default House to Vote on S 1047 (Presidential Coins)

As I read it, only the numismatic coins will be in 95% copper, 4%zinc
and 1% tin, the alloy used in 1909. Theoretically this would mean Proof
and Mint sets, which means there will be a tremendous demand on the
Mint Sets to cut them up for the cents for albums. The demand for Proof
cents should be the same as most years, plus the casual buyer.
..
Should be quite a Mint set. Five different dollar designs, one half
design, one (?) quarter design, one dime design, one nickel design and
four cent designs, all times two mint marks. It bums me out that they
want to place the "so-called mint marks" on the edges of the dollars,
as well as possibly the date.

TD