Old November 24th 04, 09:47 PM
James Higby

Actually, I believe that stamps have been printed with no denom in
anticipation of a price increase. Then they can be quickly put on the
market at the new rate, whatever it is. But if the rate goes up again (I
should have said when, not if), then these undenommed stamps have to be
"plussed up" with a 3¢ or 4¢ stamp, or whatever.

Also, the undenommed stamps can't be used for Canada, no how, no way, even
if you put a million bucks worth of them on an envelope.

"Jorg Lueke" wrote in message
news
We have unmarked forst class stamps here as well. Though I imagine the PO
probably stops selling them in times just before price increases.

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:08:56 GMT, note.boy
wrote:

It's possible to do this in the UK as the basic first and second class
stamps have no mark of value on them, only "1st" or "2nd". Billy

Steve MacGregor wrote:

"John Stone" wrote in message
om...

No real surprise of course. It was going to happen again soon or or
later.

Quick! Buy postage stamps before the price goes up!

--
Steve

--
Jorg Lueke ANA 197036, ANS 11206, CSNS, ACCG, TCACC (I try), CWTS

http://www.ancientcoinvalues.com/