Old July 25th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.life.sucks,alt.music.nirvana
Bob[_3_]

Default Dipping

Basement wrote:
"Bob" schreef in bericht
Basement wrote:
"Bob" schreef in bericht

Basement wrote:

"Bob" schreef in bericht

Basement wrote:

"Bob" schreef in bericht

Basement wrote:

"Bob" schreef in bericht

Basement wrote:

"Non scrivetemi" schreef
in bericht
tonsmith.info...

Mr. Jaggers wrote:

"Dennis G. Rears" wrote in message

I've heard that some dealers (mainly from the major coin
advertisers) dip coins. Supposely dipping is different from
cleaning coins.
Dipping is a non-abrasive, chemical form of cleaning. It is
doubtful that many dealers actually engage in this practice, but
often buy cleaned/dipped coins at a dime on the dollar and then
resell them for 80% of book, as they know such coins will never
get into a respected holder.

A year ago I

bought a 1934-2006 Lincoln cent set in a Dansco album labeled
1909-2007. I was missing 70 coins from 1909-1933. I've been
buying them from various dealers but wondering what the effect
of dipping is. I've read that dipping can make an ef/AU coin
look UNC+. Comments?
Dipping, if done carefully by an experienced person, can result
in an improvement in the eyes of some, but not all. Even the
top-tier slabbers will holder a dipped coin if they don't
perceive any damage. Repeated dipping, though, eventually causes
the coin to cross the line to being non-slabbable. And only
coins with a fairly high silver content will dip out properly.
Dipped nickel coins, and especially dipped bronze/coppers almost
always turn ugly colors after a short time, if not immediately.

James
Admit it James Jaggers. Yer want me, and yer want me to have all
yer future children.

S.B.

You want to dip someone?
I'd be willing to dip my balls in his mouth if you'll take the
picture...

--

I think we have a deal here...
I'm buffing my sack as we speak!

--

-Bob

"My fault,my failure,is not my passions,but in my lack of control of
them" -J. Kerouac

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce

Bobby the Sack Buffier. Sounds like a top selling movie
Any movie I'm starring in will rake in the dough!

--

-Bob

"My fault,my failure,is not my passions,but in my lack of control of
them" -J. Kerouac

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce

Sounds like a plan to me...
Just tell me what I gotta do!

--

-Bob

"My fault,my failure,is not my passions,but in my lack of control of
them" -J. Kerouac

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce

Star in a movie...

consider it done

--

-Bob

"My fault,my failure,is not my passions,but in my lack of control of
them" -J. Kerouac

"All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a
philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce

OT: I'll just sit and grin... the money will roll right in...

I'll get to **** Brook Sheilds!

--

-Bob

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo Galilei

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by
those who don't have it.
- George Bernard Shaw