Old December 4th 19, 12:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim Serbin

Default Rowe R-74 turntable speed

On Tuesday, December 3, 2019 at 6:10:32 PM UTC-6, Tim Serbin wrote:
I am having a few issues with the play speed as it varies when playing a record.I have a speed coil on the way so that should be installed in a few days.
I have the manual and I am trying to adjust the counter weight. I loosened the lock nut but the counter weight will not turn. I have a stylus force gauge and there is about 9 grams of force on the stylus and I should be at 4 to 5 grams.
Also, is the rubber idler wheel supposed to have play in it? Should I be able to move it up and down on its stem?
Just a few issues I am having. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and have a blessed holiday!

Well I fixed the counter weight issue and set to 4.5 grams. Improved play slightly.