Old December 2nd 12, 07:57 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
Hi Tony,

You are correct, the laminate will fit under the chrome Boomerangs as well as the Side Speakers, the Coin Return Cup and the Cash Box Door Trim. The laminate will go under the Cash Box door Trim, So to answer your question... Your Cash Box Door Trim will be completely visible.

The laminate will be 1/32 thick or 20 Mil. This is necessary as the 1/16 thick 10 Mil material that is generally used on countertops is too thick, especially for the Brown pieces when you apply heat to them in order to bend them around the lower front feet.

I will be building another jig in order to pre bend the 2 front Brown pieces. I know that this procedure is a difficult process for the general Do It Yourselfer and I feel that if I can pre bend them I can make the installation process a whole lot easier.

At this point, I have a total of 6 kits to make, 3 for me and 3 for 2 people in the group so this project is a go.... I should have something available in the next few weeks depending on availablity of the Brown Burl that I cannot seem to find at this time.

Thanks for the Great Questions...
I have a Correction to what I said previously:

The laminate will fit under the chrome Boomerangs as well as the Side Speakers and the Coin Return Cup as stated earlier with one exception.

The laminate will not go under the Cash Box Door Trim as stated earlier. Instead, it will be cut in such a fashion that will allow it to Butt up Flush with the Cash Box door Trim making the Cash Box door Trim appear to be recessed.