Old January 24th 11, 07:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Default Italy what is this?

rod allan a écrit :
Thank you my friend,
helpful advice as usual.

I cannot believe in 10 years I have not come across these.
Using the text on my example
I spent hours kicking tyres on the web without result.

Cheers

Rod,

I may understand the reasons for that :
1 - You were using French words (may be without knowing they were French
words) for your searches whithin Internet sites writen in English
2 - You had no idea of what a porte-timbre was : I also had (as Richard
did) some knowledge in that matter : this helps a lot directing the
searches
3 - I also spent a non negligible amount of time in my search

So you should not be ashamed if your searches were unsuccessful

--
Kind regards,
Pierre