Old February 4th 05, 09:31 PM

Default Ebay auction # 3955777950

Ran across this item and wrote the seller informing him that the item
was NOT made of silver, but was a silver plated base
metal replica. He did not respond and has now listed another one. I
note that he charges $19.95 s/h/i and offers a return of your BID PRICE
only if you are dissatisfied. Apparently, some folks have discovered
they've been ripped off and tried to return them for refund...thus he
still makes $10-$12.

I've handled hundreds of these items and I've yet to see ONE that had
the words "FINE SILVER" or "999 silver" that was NOT silver.

I've seen a couple dozen that say "troy pound" and may or may not be
serially numbered "proofs"...but EVERY ONE that failed to say "999
silver" or "fine silver" was a silver plated slug.

Just makin' sure nobody here bites on one of these. I'm assuming that
the "bobbioshaw" who's high bidder is not
"our" Bobby Shaw...

dondi3