Old January 12th 04, 06:09 PM
jimmyfc

Jesse wrote in message . ..
wrote in
m:

Jesse wrote in message
. ..
wrote in
om:

My brother has a 1875 $2 bill in excellent condition and he is
wondering what it is worth? Anybody have any ideas?

From what country ?

Sorry, It's a United States note. It says Washington D.C. in the
bottom right. The serial number is D5057556. Portrait of Jefferson
on left, the Capitol in the center of the bill, large 2 on the right.
Below the 2 is the words Washington D.C., signature of the treasurer
below that of, I think, A. Wigmay??? Back side of the bill, has large
2 in center of the bill, 2 in each corner. Condition of this bill is
excellent or uncirculated. I am looking off of a xerox copy of it.

Thanks!

Well since there were no U.S. $2 bills in 1875,I don't know what to tell
ya

You are wrong about that. Fri.#44-47 were all series 1875.